provides an HL7 interface for laboratory analyzers and equivalent devices.
Lab7 is the elementary solution for interfacing to a lab
analyzer. It reads the data from the analyzer and transmits it in the form
of HL7 messages to a host system, typically a laboratory information system (LIS).
Lab7 provides the full functionality of two-directional
data transfer for up to 20 lab analyzers. It accepts HL7 test orders and queries from external Laboratory Information System (LIS), transmit them to analyzer through RS 232 connector or TCP/IP sockets, and convert the received device response to HL7 messages to be transferred
back to LIS. The LIS connection can be either
- a one or two socket TCP/IP connection,
- based on flat files, or
- based on directly accessing the (optional) PostgreSQL database.
- Supports analyzers compliant with ASTM E 1381/1394 (or ASTM E 1238) standard, or POCT1-A, or HL7. Also supports several analyzers with proprietary communication protocols
- Supported analyzers include e.g. Architect, Radiometer, Daytona, Provalis, Phoresis, CombiScan, Chiron, Futura, Bio-Rad D-10, AVL, Medica, IVL, VetScan, Clinitek, Keylab, Hemochron, Hemocue, Sysmex, Sepax, Tecan/Magellan, Vitek, Nihon Kohden Celltac Haematology
- Supports a PostgreSQL database as an option; use Lab7 for collecting data to this DB and/or send to host LIS
- Secure data transfer: keeps back-log of both analyzer and LIS communication to recover from loss of connection
- Supports MLLP and HLLP in communication to/from LIS system
- Highly configurable with 30+ settings, HL7 messages guaranteed to comply with your LIS
- Windows 2003 Server, Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, Windows 8, Windows 8.1, Windows 10
- Very easy and safe to install. Installs nothing in Windows folders
- Powerful and easy-to-use testing tools included
- Now also available as a Windows service build, in addition to the regular GUI build
- Don't pay $5000+ for an interface program, ask for price!
- Download free trial version of Lab7
- Good support, problem response within 24h
- Satisfaction guaranteed - use our tailoring service for your specific needs, including new analyzers
Note: Lab7 is available in source code, as well.
Ask for details
Looking for a new LIS system? Check this one developed by one of our customers.
Back to front page
The animation shows the how lab orders and/or queries are transferred from LIS to laboratory analyzer and the result data are transferred back to the LIS. The
messages in the TCP/IP-network are in HL7, and the messages transferred between Lab7 and laboratory analyzer are ASTM, HL7, or proprietary messages over serial line, TCP/IP, or flat files.